I've joined the Miles for Miracles team to help the brave kids at Boston Children's Hospital and will be running the 2024 Boston Marathon in support of this cause!!! Additionally, as part of this team, I have been fortunate enough to join their Patient Partner program, which will pair me with a specific patient throughout and beyond my 2024 Boston Marathon Journey.
My Patient Partner is named Matthew. Matthew was born premature and spent approximately 5 weeks in NICU after his birth. He was born with good health on his side, but was born with some physical and developmental challenges that simply come with being premature. Throughout his life, he has slowly but surely been working to overcome these hurdles as he works his way towards being on par with his age group. His journey has been met with some challenges, many of which the Boston Children's Hospital team has overseen with wonderful care. Matthew is just one of many children who have needed childhood care and intervention. In fact, Matthew is one of over 300,000 preterm births in 2020 alone, and they all need our help. The only unique thing about Matthew, is he happens to be my son. And today I am so incredibly blessed to be able to call my own son, Matthew, my Patient Partner, as I embark on this journey for him and all other children needing care across the world.
To help Boston Children's Hospital in this mission, every dollar I raise funds the very best medical care, breakthrough research and vital support services for sick kids and their families. Your gift will:
- help children from your town and across the world get a second chance at life;
- give kids battling the most complex diseases care they can't find anywhere else;
- fuel 3,000+ researchers working to develop new treatments and cures;
- support patient programs, like music and art therapy, to let kids be kids, even during long hospital stays;
- help patient families in crisis with urgent needs, such as food, clothing and housing;
- deliver the most compassionate, leading-edge care to every child who needs it.
Please support my fundraising and help the incredible kids and families at Boston Children's Hospital.