During my sister’s pregnancy, she was referred to Maternal Fetal Medicine at Boston Children’s Hospital after an abnormality with the baby’s heart was found during the 20 week anatomy scan.
When baby Cole was born, he was transferred immediately to Boston Children’s where he underwent life saving open heart surgery just seven hours after birth. The surgery was successful, and he spent 19 days inpatient. During such a scary time for our family, the staff at Children’s were amazing and they cared for Cole like their own.
Thanks to all of the surgeons, cardiologists, nurses and everyone working at Boston Children’s, Cole is now a healthy and thriving 12 week old boy. He will be a patient of Children’s for the rest of his childhood to keep an eye on things, and my family will always be eternally grateful for their care.
Every dollar I raise funds breakthrough research, family supports, and vital services not covered by insurance. Your gift will:
- give children battling the most complex diseases treatments they can't find anywhere else;
- help children in your town and those across the world get a second chance;
- fuel 3,000+ researchers working to find cures;
- help patient families in crisis with urgent needs, including housing, food and clothing;
- bring crucial care to families through not 1, but 4 outpatient psychiatry clinics;
- and so much more.
I hope you will support me in trying to shape a future where all children can experience life to the fullest.