I'm participating in the Eversource Walk for Boston Children’s Hospital on June 11. This is Team Love for Lucas' 14th year participating.
As you all know I am a heart hero's mom. I cherish every minute I have with Lucas as I watch him grow into a handsome young man. Lucas is currently being monitored, very closely, as he has outgrown his pulmonary valve and needs a replacement. Dr Esch is trying to let Lucas grow in height to maximum height before performing Lucas' 2nd Open Heart Surgery. However, the day may be in the near future, depending on the condition of his heart. If the blockage is causing any type of heart failure, Lucas will be undergoing the surgery sooner rather than later.
We walk every year to thank Dr. Rhodes, Dr. Esch, Marianne Milbert NP and all of the amazing specialists at BCH for their continued care and support in Lucas' journey.
Every dollar that our team raises funds breakthrough research, gives family support and services that are not covered by insurance. Your gift will:
- give children battling the most complex diseases treatments they can't find anywhere else;
- help children in your town and those across the world get a second chance;
- fuel 3,000+ researchers working to find cures;
- help patient-families in crisis with urgent needs, including housing, food and clothing;
- bring crucial care to families through not one, but four, outpatient psychiatry clinics;
- and so much more.
Please support my fundraising and the children and families at Boston Children's and beyond.