Hello - I hope you’re staying safe. (Pardon the old photo – I hate every selfie I take!)
The 2021 Eversource Walk for Boston Children’s Hospital will be virtual for a second year, and I am walking once again. This crazy time continues for us all (although the end is in sight!), but I’d appreciate your support.
Childhood disease doesn’t stop because of a pandemic, and neither does Boston Children’s Hospital; they are where the world goes for answers. By raising funds for the hospital that has cured more childhood diseases than any other, you can provide lifesaving answers for the sickest kids — many with nowhere left to turn. Every dollar directly supports groundbreaking research, critical care, and services for patient families that are not covered by insurance.
I hope to raise at least $500; here are some of the items your donation can provide:
• $1.12: 1 infant-sized mask (disposable) to deliver anesthesia
• $15.73: 1 home-safety kit, including window locks, first aid kit, and outlet covers
• $62.50: 1-month supply of Twisty Straws to encourage sick kids to drink healing fluids
• $100.00: 1 lab beaker
• $150.00: 2 weeks of support sessions for patients, parents, and siblings
• $163.52: 1 year of food for a tank of zebrafish (used to study cancer’s origins)
• $341.76: 3D model of a child’s spine to help surgeons ‘see’ before surgery
Since its inception in 2003 the Eversource Walk has raised more than $22 million for Boston Children’s to help kids heal. Your donation can help deliver life-saving care, propel promising research, and provide the special touches that let kids be kids.
My ‘old lady’ knees are still bothering me, but walking is excellent exercise, so I’ll have no problem doing my part!