On February 8th, my niece Ella was rushed into emergency lifesaving surgery for a rare heart defect at Boston Children's Hospital after being told she has just 24hrs to live. Ella’s surgery was a success and she is on the road to recovery.
Ella’s Army was created as a way of saying "thank you" to the medical professionals that saved her life. Because of the team in the cardiac ICU, my niece is alive today. As Ella recovers, I am raising money for Boston Children's Hospital and walking June 11th in support of the very people that saved her life.
Every dollar I raise funds breakthrough research, family support services and vital services not covered by insurance. Your gift will:
- give children battling the most complex diseases treatments they can't find anywhere else;
- help children in your town and those across the world get a second chance;
- fuel 3,000+ researchers working to find cures;
- help patient-families in crisis with urgent needs, including housing, food and clothing;
- bring crucial care to families through not one, but four, outpatient psychiatry clinics;
- and so much more.
Please support my fundraising and the children and families at Boston Children's and beyond.