Support Our Team, BCH Autism Spectrum Center
Sunday, June 14, 2020 | 115 Days to Go!
Donations support: no company
BCH Autism Spectrum Center
To be the most Autism Friendly Hospital in the country.
Coming to the hospital can be very difficult for children with autism. This is a change in their routine, there are many new sights, smells and sounds, and procedures can be scary or stressful. Our Autism Friendly Hospital initiative supports children and their families before, during and after their visits. Every dollar raised by our walk team goes directly to improving the hospital experience for all our patients with autism spectrum disorder and their families.
Donations provide ongoing support for:
- Educational materials and workshops in multiple languages
- Preparatory stories and sensory tool kits to help children cope with hospital visits and procedures
- Simulation experiences for children to practice a medical procedure in advance, reducing anxiety during the actual procedure
- Educational efforts to train medical professionals and hospital staff about how to best work with patients with autism
- Simulation experiences in how to work with children and adolescents with autism
This year we dedicate our walk to our dear friend, colleague and former leader Dr. Carolyn Bridgemohan. Suddenly and tragically Dr. Bridgemohan died this past summer and we all miss her every day. Every day that she came to work at Children’s she embodied what The Autism Spectrum Center is all about. We are dedicated to providing the best integrated care for children at every age and to support the best quality of life for children with autism and their families. We are committed to developing innovative care to help children with autism reach their full potential. We cannot do this without your support. Please consider joining our team and donating now.