Dear family and friends,
On Sunday April 26th, I will be getting up early to get ready for a day-long yogathon called Yoga Reaches out with more than 1,200 yogis. We will come together for an inspirational day of yoga, music, and fundraising - all to help bring peace and healing to others.
Here are my top five reasons for participating:
1. I have always loved being around children, and I love to help them, especially children who are in need.
2. I have a dear family member who spent a great deal of time as a patient at Boston Children's Hospital when she was young, and whom is now and has for most of my life been an inspiration to me as she owns her own business as a music therapist, and is also a pianist, singer, composer, mother, grandmother and many other things to many people despite living with a physical disability.
3. My third reason is this event helps me look forward to an event that is pretty extraordinary and moving, and always leaves me feeling connected, throughout the chilly and dark winter.
4. Unlike with a marathon or 5K, there's very little feeling of competition here, one of the reasons I LOVE yoga so much...it fosters a unity mindset.
5. I deeply value self care, and this event aligns with that value. I can take a rest on my mat if I feel like it and not worry about whether I'll be in someone's way, get physically hurt, or left behind, which I might worry about if I was to prepare for a race of some sort.
This year donations will benefit Boston Children's Wellness Program and Every Child Fund, and my goal is to raise at least $500.
I invite you to support me in helping give strength to familes coping with a sick child. Every penny helps.
Thank you in advance.
Sending big hugs and love,