I'm participating in Yoga Reaches Out Yogathon, because I am passionate about helping kids and families at Boston Children's Hospital. On April 23, I'll join a community of more than 1,400 at Gillette Stadium for an inspirational day of yoga, music, and fundraising - all to bring lifesaving answers and hope to the sickest children from around the world.
I know first hand how important it is to have excellent healthcare close to home. In 2005, my four year old son was taken by med- flight to Boston Children’s hospital in respiratory distress during a severe case of croup. The care he received saved his life. We are forever grateful to the doctors, nurses, social workers and support staff who helped Paul get better and also supported us during that difficult time. Paul is now a strong and healthy Marine who is in school to become a paramedic.
- give children battling the most complex diseases treatments they can't find anywhere else;
- help children in your town and those across the world get a second chance;
- fuel 3,000+ researchers working to find cures;
- help patient-families in crisis with urgent needs, including housing, food and clothing;
- bring crucial care to families through not 1, but 4 outpatient psychiatry clinics;
- provide reiki, yoga and a safe place to simply exhale for families facing the stress of caring for a critically-ill child;
- and so much more.