If you have kids or know anyone with kids, Boston Children's Hospital is likely on your A-list for best medical care, expertise, passion, support & so much more. When my daughter Shayna was in pre-school, she developed a serious condition called ITP (Immune thrombocytopenia), a platelet disorder that does not allow the blood to clot as it should, due to a low platelet count. If Shayna were to fall or hit her head, the result could've have been fatal. This was such a scary time for our family, but thanks to Boston Children's Hospital, we were able to access the appropriate treatment/precautions and Shayna's condition finally resolved over time for which we are extremely grateful.
- give children battling the most complex diseases treatments they can't find anywhere else;
- help children in your town and those across the world get a second chance;
- fuel 3,000+ researchers working to find cures;
- help patient-families in crisis with urgent needs, including housing, food and clothing;
- bring crucial care to families through not 1, but 4 outpatient psychiatry clinics;
- provide reiki, yoga and a safe place to simply exhale for families facing the stress of caring for a critically-ill child;
- and so much more.