The event is over, but donations will still be accepted until April 27. It was my first time at Yoga Reaches Out and I didn't really know what to expect.
What I can tell you now is that it was very 'moving' experience in a number of ways:
1) the stories we heard about families and children who have benefited from Boston Children's Hospital's world class, compassionate care - and the role that fundraising activities like this play in that equation
2) the physical and spiritual movement inherent in the yoga classes that we collectively enjoyed
3) the movement needed to simply stay warm on a very breezy, colder-than-usual day! I dressed for the temperature, but totally forgot to factor in the wind!!
I was so inspired by the whole occasion that I just had to try my hand at doing my yoga headstand on Gillette Stadium field - and was successful without any assistance! Picture to prove it!
- give children battling the most complex diseases treatments they can't find anywhere else;
- help children in your town and those across the world get a second chance;
- fuel 3,000+ researchers working to find cures;
- help patient-families in crisis with urgent needs, including housing, food and clothing;
- bring crucial care to families through not 1, but 4 outpatient psychiatry clinics;
- provide reiki, yoga and a safe place to simply exhale for families facing the stress of caring for a critically-ill child;
- and so much more.