This year, I'm participating in Yoga Reaches Out Yogathon, because I am passionate about helping kids like my son James, who has a rare epileptic syndrome and is a patient at Boston Children's Hospital. When James was first diagnosed at age 2, our family turned to the practice of yoga for strength, for healing and unity with one another.
On April 23, I'll join my team and the community of 1,400+ at Gillette Stadium for an inspirational day of yoga. My practice that day will be dedicated to James. The funds raised by this event aim to bring lifesaving answers and hope to families and their children from all around the world.
- give children battling the most complex diseases treatments they can't find anywhere else;
- help children in our town and those across the world get a second chance;
- fuel 3,000+ researchers working to find cures;
- help patient-families in crisis with urgent needs, including housing, food and clothing;
- bring crucial care to families through not 1, but 4 outpatient psychiatry clinics;
- provide reiki, yoga and a safe place to simply exhale for families facing the stress of caring for a critically-ill child;
- and so much more.