I'm participating in Yoga Reaches Out Yogathon, because I am passionate about helping kids and families at Boston Children's Hospital. On April 23, I'll join a community of more than 1,400 at Gillette Stadium for an inspirational day of yoga, music, and fundraising - all to bring lifesaving answers and hope to the sickest children from around the world.
I was a patient at Children’s Hospital as a child. I was there again when there were problems during my first pregnancy. The support that I received from the cardiologist and the entire staff definitely was a big help during an extremely horrible time in my life. Neurology was the best when Jacque developed migraines. Orthopedics was a frequent stop because Jacque couldn’t actually be rolled in bubble wrap.
- give children battling the most complex diseases treatments they can't find anywhere else;
- help children in your town and those across the world get a second chance;
- fuel 3,000+ researchers working to find cures;
- help patient-families in crisis with urgent needs, including housing, food and clothing;
- bring crucial care to families through not 1, but 4 outpatient psychiatry clinics;
- provide reiki, yoga and a safe place to simply exhale for families facing the stress of caring for a critically-ill child;
- and so much more.