In memory of my daughter, Laila, I'm participating in Yoga Reaches Out Yogathon, because I am passionate about helping kids and families at Boston Children's Hospital.
Laila spent 55 days in the medical intensive care unit at Boston Children’s Hospital. During that time, the hospital not only cared for Laila, but for her older brothers as well. Providing them with entertainment and support when they visited their baby sister in the hospital. The team at Boston Children’s Hospital worked tirelessly to save Laila before she ultimately passed away in my arms. The doctors and nurses cried and mourned alongside my family. They allowed me all the time I needed as a grieving mother to spend time with the baby girl I’d never get to bring home. To bathe her. To dress her. To sing to her. To finally hold her free of life support.
The care, compassion and empathy my family received during (and even after) our stay was graciously beautiful. We are so fortunate to have this level of world-class care in our backyard. And I’ll be eternally grateful.
Will you help me reach my fundraising goal with a donation today?
- give children battling the most complex diseases treatments they can't find anywhere else;
- help children in your town and those across the world get a second chance;
- fuel 3,000+ researchers working to find cures;
- help patient-families in crisis with urgent needs, including housing, food and clothing;
- bring crucial care to families through not 1, but 4 outpatient psychiatry clinics;
- provide reiki, yoga and a safe place to simply exhale for families facing the stress of caring for a critically-ill child;
- and so much more.