My daughter Kristen, her sister in law Kathleen, and I will be riding on November 11 for BCH’s Ride to Cure Kids in honor of Kathleen’s strong son, Teddy! Teddy received wonderful care at BCH when he was born, and we are raising money in honor of him as he approaches his first birthday! Please donate if you can, no amount is too small and is so appreciated!
- Defeating deadly cancers: Creating a therapy that uses cells from a child's immune system to attack neuroblastoma. Clinical trials, starting late 2023 or early 2024, could lead to better treatments and outcomes for a range of cancers.
- Predicting autism early: Developing tools to detect autism in babies, before symptoms appear, to begin early interventions for skills like speech and language.
- Combatting genetic diseases: Creating and adminstering a now FDA-approved gene therapy to fight CCALD, a devastating disease that causes kid to grow blind and deaf and lose muscle control.
- Saving children in utero: Designing and performing a groundbreaking brain surgery on a baby in the womb who had a rare blood vessel abnormality.
- Finding novel solutions to heart disease: Developing an artifical heart valve that grows as young patients grow, eliminating the need for multiple open-heart surgeries to replace valves.
- Tackling the mental health crisis: Teaming up with Franciscan Children's to create a new home for pediatric behavioral health care in Boston. It will reduce wait times for care and advance research into better treatments.
- And many more...