I'm participating in Ride to Cure Kids on November 11 because I am passionate about helping kids and families at Boston Children's Hospital. Fams! I need your help! This is the crew you need to support! Let’s do this for the kids!
- Defeating deadly cancers: Creating a therapy that uses cells from a child's immune system to attack neuroblastoma. Clinical trials, starting late 2023 or early 2024, could lead to better treatments and outcomes for a range of cancers.
- Predicting autism early: Developing tools to detect autism in babies, before symptoms appear, to begin early interventions for skills like speech and language.
- Combatting genetic diseases: Creating and adminstering a now FDA-approved gene therapy to fight CCALD, a devastating disease that causes kid to grow blind and deaf and lose muscle control.
- Saving children in utero: Designing and performing a groundbreaking brain surgery on a baby in the womb who had a rare blood vessel abnormality.
- Finding novel solutions to heart disease: Developing an artifical heart valve that grows as young patients grow, eliminating the need for multiple open-heart surgeries to replace valves.
- Tackling the mental health crisis: Teaming up with Franciscan Children's to create a new home for pediatric behavioral health care in Boston. It will reduce wait times for care and advance research into better treatments.
- And many more...