On November 11th, I will be riding in the Ride to Cure Kids for Boston Children’s Hospital.
The Boston Childrens Hospital has a special place in our hearts. For those who don’t know, Teddy had a rough start at life and the NICU team at BCH saved his. We are forever grateful for the care Teddy received and the dedicated teams that continue to support our little guy. If you can, please consider donating to our team, Teddy’s Titans!
- Defeating deadly cancers: Creating a therapy that uses cells from a child's immune system to attack neuroblastoma. Clinical trials, starting late 2023 or early 2024, could lead to better treatments and outcomes for a range of cancers.
- Predicting autism early: Developing tools to detect autism in babies, before symptoms appear, to begin early interventions for skills like speech and language.
- Combatting genetic diseases: Creating and adminstering a now FDA-approved gene therapy to fight CCALD, a devastating disease that causes kid to grow blind and deaf and lose muscle control.
- Saving children in utero: Designing and performing a groundbreaking brain surgery on a baby in the womb who had a rare blood vessel abnormality.
- Finding novel solutions to heart disease: Developing an artifical heart valve that grows as young patients grow, eliminating the need for multiple open-heart surgeries to replace valves.
- Tackling the mental health crisis: Teaming up with Franciscan Children's to create a new home for pediatric behavioral health care in Boston. It will reduce wait times for care and advance research into better treatments.
- And many more...