I'm participating in Ride to Cure Kids on November 11 because I am passionate about helping kids and families at Boston Children's Hospital. Having the opportunity to take care of many kids with brain and spinal cord tumors and to work with the amazing families who support them is what inspired me to join this fundraiser. I am reminded daily of how much more we need to do to find a cure and how much more we accomplish when we work together as a team. Please join my team and help support an incredible cause.
- Defeating deadly cancers: Creating a therapy that uses cells from a child's immune system to attack neuroblastoma. Clinical trials, starting late 2023 or early 2024, could lead to better treatments and outcomes for a range of cancers.
- Predicting autism early: Developing tools to detect autism in babies, before symptoms appear, to begin early interventions for skills like speech and language.
- Combatting genetic diseases: Creating and adminstering a now FDA-approved gene therapy to fight CCALD, a devastating disease that causes kid to grow blind and deaf and lose muscle control.
- Saving children in utero: Designing and performing a groundbreaking brain surgery on a baby in the womb who had a rare blood vessel abnormality.
- Finding novel solutions to heart disease: Developing an artifical heart valve that grows as young patients grow, eliminating the need for multiple open-heart surgeries to replace valves.
- Tackling the mental health crisis: Teaming up with Franciscan Children's to create a new home for pediatric behavioral health care in Boston. It will reduce wait times for care and advance research into better treatments.
- And many more...