Hi, I’m Tina, and I'm participating in Yoga Reaches Out Yogathon, because I am passionate about helping kids and families at Boston Children's Hospital. On April 23, I'll join a community of more than 1,400 at Gillette Stadium for an inspirational day of yoga, music, and fundraising - all to bring lifesaving answers and hope to the sickest children from around the world. Boston Children’s holds a very special place in my heart as my next door neighbor Evan was rushed to Boston children’s at the age of 4 and under their care to receive the necessary treatment, and under their care was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. The staff there loved him to pieces which is no surprise, as if you met Evan he is impossible not to love. Fast forward to October of 2021 and Evan was doing a fun run for his elementary school when his heart rate skyrocketed, and couldn’t be controlled. He was medflighted to Boston Children’s for the best care. A pacemaker needed to be placed in this little warrior who is wise beyond his years. He never complains in spite of these health challenges, and is the first one to help out any of our neighbors, by shoveling snow, or asking how your work day went, you forget you’re talking to a child. I thank God for Children’s Hospital and the amazing doctors, nurses, and staff who helped to save his life.
Now I’m participating in Yoga Reaches Out to give back for a cause that sits near and dear to my heart. Combining three of my loves: yoga, friends that have become family, and giving back in some small way to the place that saved my neighbor. Also, I am now a 200 hr Certified Yoga Teacher, who graduated recently from my program and I cannot think of a better way to celebrate the beginning of my yoga teaching journey.
Please consider donating. Every little bit counts! Can’t wait for this event!
With so much love! This is for you Evan!
- give children battling the most complex diseases treatments they can't find anywhere else;
- help children in your town and those across the world get a second chance;
- fuel 3,000+ researchers working to find cures;
- help patient-families in crisis with urgent needs, including housing, food and clothing;
- bring crucial care to families through not 1, but 4 outpatient psychiatry clinics;
- provide reiki, yoga and a safe place to simply exhale for families facing the stress of caring for a critically-ill child;
- and so much more.