I'm participating in Yoga Reaches Out Yogathon, because I am passionate about helping kids and families at Boston Children's Hospital. On April 23, I'll join a community of more than 1,400 at Gillette Stadium for an inspirational day of yoga, music, and fundraising - all to bring lifesaving answers and hope to the sickest children from around the world. My daughter, Jessicka, was born with Cerebral Palsy 10/2004. She had the best medical care at Boston Children's Hospital. Whether it was for her orthopaedic needs, tonsilectomy, or basic medical care, BCH was a place we frequented. My story is a personal journey, every child and family has a version of their own.
- give children battling the most complex diseases treatments they can't find anywhere else;
- help children in your town and those across the world get a second chance;
- fuel 3,000+ researchers working to find cures;
- help patient-families in crisis with urgent needs, including housing, food and clothing;
- bring crucial care to families through not 1, but 4 outpatient psychiatry clinics;
- provide reiki, yoga and a safe place to simply exhale for families facing the stress of caring for a critically-ill child;
- and so much more.