I am so excited for Yoga Reaches Out 2024! This year, not only am I participating and raising funds to help kids and families at Boston Children’s Hospital, I am also one of the Main Stage Teachers for the event on April 28. There will be a beautiful community of more than 1,000 people practicing yoga at the WIN Waste Field House all to bring lifesaving answers and hope to the sickest children from around the world.
As many of you know, this cause is near and dear to my heart as I was once a patient at Boston Children's Hospital. In 1991, at five years old, I was diagnosed with a benign brain tumor that was surgically removed by Dr. Michael Scott. I received care through age 18 from the talented and compassionate staff at Boston Children's Hospital. This is my way of giving back.
- give children battling the most complex diseases treatments they can’t find anywhere else;
- help children in your town and those across the world get a second chance;
- fuel 3,600+ researchers working to find cures at the world’s leading pediatric research hospital;
- help patient-families (many of whom travel from far away to find answers) with urgent needs, including housing, food and clothing;
- bring crucial care to families through not one, but four outpatient psychiatry clinics;
- provide wellness services like Reiki, yoga and a safe place to simply exhale for families facing the stress of caring for a critically ill child;
- and so much more.